Monday, May 23, 2011

Missing my Ellie. . .

Just a quick post - can't get my pictures to do whatever they are suppose to do, so until I figure that out. . .  Had such a fun time with Ellie ~ her new nickname is "Cantaloupe Girl".  How that gal LOVES cantaloupe.  I miss waking up to her sitting at the kitchen table eating cantaloupe.  She also devoured many strawberries.  I have to remind myself that she isn't even 5 yet. . .she will be SOON, like in days, however, she is SO smart.  We had fun talking and being silly using an English accent.  Our new expression is "Oh, my silliness!". .  .and we were silly.  Now tell me how smart is this:  Ellie was playing with her plastic Easter bucket.  McKenzie had returned theirs for me to store and Ellie asked for her's - which was easy to get to.  She was so excited and picked out 5-6 shiney eggs to play with as well.  She wanted to take the bucket back to Hong Kong with her.  We took it to her suitcase and I showed her that her suitcase was full and there was not room for the bucket.  Without hesitation she said, "Oh, yes there is.  Take the clothes out, put the bucket in and fill it with the clothes.  Then it will fit."  Gulp!  She was right.  Smartie!!  From there I explained that they would be packing their things up soon to move back to Tennessee and it would be best to leave it here where she could have it safe and sound when she returned.  She excepted that.  Now, I'm a packing wizard and can fit things where no-one would expect, but a soon-to-be 5 year old coming up with this solution. . .pretty smart in my opinion!  It was a fun week.  Have pictures to hopefully post soon to prove it.  Actually, I need to post pictures from my trip to Utah in March. . . yikes! 

1 comment:

  1. She miss you, too! And everyone else in TN for that matter. She went back to school this morning for the first time...with a warning for her teacher that she can get a little slap-happy when she's sleepy. She did great, but said she was tired on the bus home. She literally leaped into my arms when I picked her up, hugging and squeezing and then said, "I'm ready to go back to TN!" Me, too. :) It has been a great experience, but we are all ready.

    ReplyDelete