Last year at this time I was preparing for my trip to CT/NY ~ my 60th birthday gift from my precious children. The children presented me with this fabulous surprise over Labor Day weekend of '09 to go see my buddy Melanie in December to celebrate my birthday. When I arrived in CT our buddy Kathy was there to add to the surprise ~ and I was surprised! Our friendship goes back to 1976 when I joined the church. We lived in the same apartment complex. Our children played together. We served in Primary together. It was the best of times!! When we first met we had 8 children among us ~ that increased to a total of 15 ~ and now 42 (I think) grandchildren ~ Melanie now has a grandson preparing to leave on his mission. Awesome. Miles separate us. Life does not allow us to see each other much, however, modern technology permits us to stay in touch. Melanie is in CT, Kathy is in OR and I have remained in TN. We are 3 VERY different women bonded together by love, understanding, appreciation of each others differences and talents and most importantly our love for our Savior Jesus Christ. Thanks Mel and Kathy for being my friends.
I wish you could do this every year!!!
ReplyDelete