I flew out to Las Vegas on October 27 and rented a car to drive up to St. George/Hurricane, UT. Mary Kathryn and her growing family were in the process of moving into their new home which really is in Hurricane, about 9 miles from where they were. I clocked it numerous times, however, now I can't remember the exact miles. They are living in Dixie Springs with is across from the San Hollow community and golf course where Adam works. The girls are still zoned for the same school :>) and Adam is closer to work - even rode his bike one day while I was there. I was able to watch the kiddos some while MK and Adam loaded and un-loaded vans and trucks and ran errands. My job was fun! We celebrated Halloween with MK's yummy chili and Trunk or Treating at the Church on Saturday. All the children were so adorable in their costumes. Unfortunately all my pictures are on my phone and we aren't able to download them yet. Alexis was a black cat - I brought her ears, a collar with bells and a black tail from TN. She was the cutest black cat ever! SO CUTE! Hailey was so excited. She was a 50's cheerleader - I was able to find her pom-poms in TN and took them to her.While she was getting ready she looked at me with the most excited expression and said, "Mama Mary, this is my best day ever!" Oh, how they love dressing up. Chloe was a skelton (pink pjs with the glow in the dark bones) and precious Jake was a Biker - to go along with Hailey's 50s theme :>) Adam was Tiger Woods with his head wrapped and 'blood' dripping down and MK was his wife complete with bent golf club and divorce papers. Wish I had pictures. MK will when she gets her computer up and running.
There is so much more room at their new home. LOTS of outdoor space to play. A & C LOVE to be outside. The previous occupants left a children's battery operated car. No battery - however, Adam has 2 and a charger. Instant fun! C wanted me to ride in the car with her. I kept telling her I was too big. She continued to tell me, "you're not too big" - Ha! I was flattered . . . but was way too big for the car!
The older girls are thrilled to be able to play in their own room even when Jake is napping - his room is on the other side of the house. Cute Chloe has her room by A & H's room. Great layout and very family friendly house, in my opinion. Soon they will have new friends in their new neighborhood. A already knows two boys that live out there from her classroom at school.
Already missing those sweet children. We were able to read books, watch Wizard of Oz, play Simon says, watch Wizard of Oz, do some shopping, watch Wizard of Oz (it is C's favorite movie) . . and more, together. I took A and H to school on my way to the airport on Wedneday. As A was getting out of the van she stopped and said, "thank you for getting us a camera (webcam) so we can see Caroline in HK". Alexis and Caroline are just a little over 2 months apart. Different as night and day but have fun playing together. Last year they both wanted to be doctors.
Hey, Caroline, I have an idea. I will hide you in my suitcase and you can come to Utah with me instead of moving to Hong Kong! (Wouldn't you love to know what was really said?) Sweet cousins: Alexis and Caroline
I am SO glad you have a blog! :) What fun to read about your trip!
ReplyDeleteSo happy that they are moved in and have such a great set up. Thanks for the updates...we look forward to Skype-ing with everyone! Thanks, Al! :)-This is Jen. :)
ReplyDelete