Friday I ran out to run some errands. A stop at Sam's was on my list. Just had 3 items. Picked the shortest line. Was behind a very attractive women, dressed well, accessorized plentifully but tastefully, very classy. I was sorta in la-la land. . . not paying any attention to what was happening at the register with the customer two in front of me. There was something going on. . . I thought it was a pricing thing, register problem . . . actually, I wasn't thinking at all. Then the classy woman in front of me asked the gal checking out how much more money she needed. Then I figured they were related . . . thought it was a mother/daughter, maybe her daughter-in-law. Classy lady pulls a $20 out of her wallet, then asks how much more she needed. . . hands her another $20 and says somethings like. . .don't worry about it, I won't miss it, I've been where you are, insists that the gal take it. . . The younger gal checking out is shocked. . . .VERY appreciative and wanting to contact the woman later to pay her back. Classy Lady again insists that is not necessary . . . says, "pay it forward when you are able." Wow! These women did NOT know each other. I was so moved! What a great way to start the holiday season! The gal checking out looks at the Classiest Lady Ever and says with tears in her eyes, "God bless you!" I thanked the Classiest Lady Ever for her sweet example and vowed silently to pay more attention for a similar opportunity . . . Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.
Thank you, Classiest Lady Ever, there REALLY are GOOD, GREAT people in this world!
What a wonderful story, Mary-Thanks for sharing! A great reminder to me as well. I LOVE people like that! I still remember someone who did something similar for me and will never forget them. :)
ReplyDeleteWoW! What a blessing to witness such a sweet moment. It's nice to be reminded that there ARE good people in the world.
ReplyDeleteditto
ReplyDeleteThat really makes me feel good! In the words of Heath- that makes my heart burn up. I love hearing stories about these things.
ReplyDelete