Friday, December 3, 2010

OK. . . I get it!

My precious daughter-in-law in HK has requested that I gather/purchase some things for Trip to take back with him.  Having lived in a foreign country for a brief time (we were in Germany while Al was in the service, however, we had access to some American goods) I know a little bit of the frustration of not having things available. . . Some of the things Jen has requested are things needed for Scouts ~ and she is now a den leader!!  :>)  I went to our "Scout Store" here in M'boro to purchase the things on her scout list.  Finding it open was just the beginning of the good experience.  There was a very nice young/college age man working there.  He was extremely helpful.  After my purchases we chatted for awhile.  No one else was in the "store".  I had told him I was buying these things to send to HK.  He asked if my son had married a Chinese girl. . . that led me to share a bit of the "situation".  Of course I had to whine and complain that not only had he moved he took his precious wife and 6 of MY grandchildren with him. . . more whining. . . Christmas is coming. . . will miss children even more. . . whine, whine, whine.  This young man, in his well-beyond-his-years wisdom says, "rather than be sad that they are gone be grateful your son is so successful."  Wow! . . .  I will continue to miss our HK Merediths and want to be with them,  however, I have a greater appreciation and a fresh out-look. . . I am pleased T is successful and works hard at EVERYthing he does. . . it really affected me differently coming from a stranger. . . SO. . . I am going to do my best to curtail the whining and be grateful.  I get it. . . . :>)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, finding a time that the scout shop is actually open when you happen to be on that side of town is a miracle! what an awesome perspective that young man has on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! Thank you SO SO SO much! Just dropped Trip off at the airport about 3 hours ago. He's one hour into his 22 hour trip right now. :) We sure wish we could have climbed into his suitcases.... We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, yes...I did marry a pretty amazing man with many talents. I'm getting a front row seat to "where much is given, much is required." :) It's a crazy life, but I sure love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you mama mary, i know it's hard but you have a fresh attitude to help you through their time away. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete