Memories that make me thankful. . .
 |
| Old turkey ~ new location |
 |
| Halloween pumpkin turned turkey! |
Many, many years ago there was a young couple in our ward, the Biglers. Friday night was HS football night, however, Mary Kathryn was not a huge fan, or even a small fan for that matter, and elected to stay with a sitter on Friday nights and have pizza. More often than not we used a young couple for the "season" and would drop MK off at their home with $ for pizza and ready to have some fun while the rest of us went to the football game. At least for one season she went to the home of Amy and Gary Bigler. MK was especially fond of Gary :>). Anyway ~ a short time after the Biglers moved from Murfreesboro I received in the mail a package from Amy ~ it was these adorable wooden cut-outs ~ a turkey head and feathers ~ to stick into a pumpkin to make a turkey. SO cute. Not sure how I deserved such a fun gift, however, we have enjoyed it ever since. For most years since the gift arrived our Halloween pumpkin has become our Thanksgiving Turkey. Love him! Sadly to say, I have lost touch with Amy, however, I do think about her yearly when I bring old Tom out. Fun memories! Thank you, Amy, wherever you are.
I did pick my families by the cuteness of the husband. Positive side the last family I picked made a lasting impression on me. Glad I hated football back then!! Love the turkey pieces still want one for myself but stopped hunting. Still no decor up here... not sure where to put anything. We do need some festive feelings around here though!!
ReplyDeleteI love this turkey! Heath had asked about it a couple of times during October.
ReplyDeleteWow, I had totally forgot about them! I used to nurse Joseph in the mother's lounge while she nursed her little one. ( don't even remember if it was a boy or girl now!) That seems like ages ago.
ReplyDeleteLisa ~ a girl, Sarah.
ReplyDeleteI saw Garry just about 18 months ago. Don and I and Garry were helping Aaron move. Aaron and my sister do things together every once in a while (we were sure hoping they'd hook up!) We went to a Bigler family concert maybe a year ago, and I just got an email from Celeste last week! LOVE the Bigler's!!! Ü
ReplyDeleteMamamary that made me HUNGRY! BECAUSE I LOVE PIZZA! Love,CAROLINE!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing our front door with beautiful wreaths. :) Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Didn't know you had a blog. I am glad I found it. I just have to comment on this post. I am so glad MK hated football, too!!! We LOVED those Friday nights and still talk about them :) fun, fun memories!
ReplyDelete