Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Too cute!

Today was bitter/sweet. . . I was able to have Adaleigh and Piper for the better part of the day ~ however, it was because they were both too sick to go to Sonshine School with McKenzie.  Always LOVE the opportunity and blessing of tending to the grandchildren (and when they aren't feeling well they even cuddle!)   ~  not because I am the best, but because I love them, enjoy being with them, and would have loved to have had family nearby when our children were younger to assist at times.  When I picked the girls up at Sonshine this AM Piper asks if Granddaddy is at home.  Are we going to see Granddaddy?  Sadly I have to explain that Granddaddy is at work and Piper won't be able to see him today.  Why?  (Do I really tell her the truth that Mama Mary spends too much money and he has to work to support my shopping addiction?)  Even as we pull into the driveway Piper is still hopefully that Granddaddy will magically appear.  NOPE, he's no where to be seen.  At lunch Piper wants to bless the food  ~ her prayer: "Heavenly Father, thank you for Granddaddy.  Please let him come home before dark so he can sit on the couch with me and read a book.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  Do you think she loves her Granddaddy, or what???? 

6 comments:

  1. precious. ;) he just can't help being so go at granddaddying. ;) he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you ARE the best. Especially when it comes to tending sick kids. I was sorry for you that mine got sick while you were here but happy for them that they had YOU to take care of them! :)

    Love Piper's prayer. Did Al make it home in time to read her a book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! Oh and how I wish I had family nearby too. Although, I am a hermit crab so having sick kids just gives me an excuse to stay home! :)

    Chloe was asking about Granddaddy the other day too and wanted to know where he was and why he was at work, etc. etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al did NOT make it home in time to read her a book - or to do much of anything. That man works WAY too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you and Granddaddy are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I hope you shared that with him. :) We miss having you both around!

    ReplyDelete